The Facebook marketplace app is an online marketplace feature designed by Facebook to give users the opportunity to buy and sell their products online for free.
With the Facebook marketplace app, business owners can now sell their products, old or new, to interested buyers within their location. You can find lots of used or new items on Facebook marketplace ranging from houses, TV sets, vehicles, etc.
No doubt, since the marketplace app was rolled out, a lot of sellers have been using it to sell their products to thousands of people online.
Unlike other online marketplaces that requires you to pay a percentage of your sales made, Facebook marketplace is a completely free online marketplace that any one can use, provided he or she has a Facebook account. Facebook marketplace is tied directly to a buyer and seller Facebook accounts.
When you post an item to sell on Facebook marketplace, people can use Facebook messenger to ask you questions about your item. With the use of Facebook messenger, you can conduct a marketplace communication through text messages or phone calls.
If you wish to learn more about the Facebook marketplace, the benefits, and how to sell, this article is for you.
Benefits of selling an item on Facebook marketplace
There ate lots of benefits to selling items on Facebook marketplace. Below are some;
- Facebook marketplace enables you connect with prospective buyers for your items in your locality. This in a way removes the need for ads to some extent, which saves cost and energy.
- You can negotiate prices with interested buyers using the Facebook Messenger app.
- Facebook never takes any percentage of your transactions on market place. Every earnings gotten from items that are bought belongs to the owners of the items alone.
- You can choose from lots of categories when you list items on Facebook marketplace to help buyers narrow their search and find your items easily.
Facebook Marketplace makes selling items easy already. However, if you want to go ahead and make selling a lot easier, go through the selling tips presented below.
Tips for selling items on Facebook marketplace
To ensure a good experience when selling items on Facebook marketplace, consider the following steps:
1. Establish a trusted method of payment with the buyer. At this point, consider accepting cash or a secured payment method that offers purchase protection.
This is important to avoid receiving bounced or counterfeit checks.
2. Meet with buyers in public places to guarantee your safety and also remove the possibility of getting robbed of your item(s) without pay.
3. It is strongly advised to not invite buyers to your home. Chances are 99.9% of them will be strangers, and it is not entirely new advice, not to invite strangers into your home.
4. Don’t share your financial information with anyone. Your financial details could be your bank account details, or your PayPal login details and password.
5. Communicate with your buyer whenever you ship an item to let them know the shipping timeline, delivery status and carrier and tracking information.
6. Never ship an item before receiving full payment of it.
7. Before posting any item for sale on Facebook marketplace, make sure you review Facebook commerce policy to avoid putting up merchandise not allowed and have them taken down.
Having known about the benefits and different tips of selling items on Facebook marketplace, you will do good to learn how to post your items for sell on the Facebook buy and sell marketplace.
How to Post Items for Sale On Facebook Marketplace
Selling an item on Facebook market place isn’t a pain at all, all you need do is follow the steps below:
- Take a photo of the item you want to sell right from the marketplace or add it from your gallery.
- Enter the item name, give a short but efficient description of it, and state its price.
- Confirm your location and select a category for your item.
- Post your item.
That’s all on Facebook marketplace app. I hope this article was helpful?