Facebook marketplace is one of the features incorporated into Facebook to allow users buy and sell their items to millions online for free. Now, sellers can reach out to potential buyers easily.
There was a time Facebook was merely a platform through which friends, families and loved ones connected with each other, and share exciting moments.
However, over the years, as a result of the increased demand of Facebook users selling out their items, Facebook decided to launch the Facebook marketplace. Before the marketplace came along, it was just Facebook buy and sell groups. The marketplace definitely acts as a better substitute for the Facebook buy and sell groups.
What Does the Facebook Marketplace App Do?
The Facebook Marketplace App is a digital marketplace where several different users from around and far away can come together to trade. Sellers put up items they wish to sell while buyers browse through these items to find ones they are interested in getting.
Every other transactions involved is carried out outside of the marketplace. The Messenger app for instance can be used to carry out price negotiations and also discuss on delivery.
This marketplace lets you to:
- Look for items to buy.
- Discover items on sale by location or class.
- Create images and listings of items you have for sale.
- Set custom prices and items for your products.
- Send messages to sellers in order to proceed with transactions.
- Have a view of the previous transaction that have taken place.
The Facebook app does not actually take responsibility for managing the transactions for items, users and customers are the ones to work that out by themselves.
Who Can Use the Facebook Marketplace App?
The Facebook Marketplace App is now available and open to iPhone and Android users of about 18 years and above, in regions the feature is available at the moment.
Anyone who has had dealings in the Facebook marketplace before is definitely able to testify that this marketplace is free to buy and trade products.
How to Use Facebook Marketplace App
Buy on the Marketplace
- Open your Facebook on your phone.
- At the top of the app, click on the Store icon.
- Click on “Categories” at the top.
- Select the type of item you want to view.
- Browse the marketplace for the item you want.
- Click on your preferred item to get more details.
- Click on “ASK FOR DETAILS”.
- If you are really interested in the product and want to purchase it, click on “Message”.
- Click on “Save”.
Sell on the Marketplace
- Open the Facebook app and click on the Store icon at the top of the page.
- At the top left side, click on “Sell”.
- Select a type or category for the product you want to sell.
- Add the images of the items you have on sale.
- Type a title for the item.
- Enter the price of item.
- Click on “NEXT”.
- Make a choice of the groups you would like to advertise your marketplace to.
- Click on “POST”.
That’s all on Facebook marketplace buy and sell. If you find this article interesting, please share it with your friends using any of the share buttons below.